Thursday, February 13, 2014

Weight training program

Weight training is key part of my overall training. I try to get to the gym once a week during the off season and when I can during the racing season. I have a program that I have developed over the years by reading and talking to the experts. I do squats, the sled, curls, step ups, leg extensions and core exercises. The routine takes about 1.5 to 2.0 hours to get through. By the end of it, I am quite tired, but it is a different kind of tired compared to the trainer or a ride. I do not lift heavy weight; I concentrate more on repetition and volume. This allows me to develop good form and it spares my back and knees the trauma of heavy weight. I have to use a clip board to keep track of each drill and the volume otherwise I get confused and forget what I am doing. I have a lot of data to monitor my progress relative to previous years. I go to the weight room at the University of Southern Maine early in the morning; it is not crowded and the machines and the facilities are great. A weight training program adds variety to a training program and I think it helps with endurance and recovery. 









1 comment:

  1. Excellent blog you’ve got here.It’s difficult to find high-quality writing like yours nowadays. I really appreciate individuals like you! Take care!! Please check out my site.
    Carbon bike wheels

    ReplyDelete