Monday, June 16, 2014

The Internet of Bikes: Freeport Time Trial - Maine Time Trial Series Race # 3


The Freeport Time Trial is a 16.5 mile loop outside of Freeport, Maine. The course features long sight lines on Route 1, false flats, twists and turns and some tough hills. It is race three of the Maine Time Trial Series. About forty riders turned up to race. Conditions were variable, damp and cool. Temperatures were in the 60s. The course was shorter than in previous years but nevertheless challenging; in fact, its shortened version uses better roads and is easier to marshall. My objective was to prevent the watts from slipping off the target number of about 300 watts. I was able to do this, but it was hard work, and I was not entirely successful. I was tired by the time I arrived at the rollers; I lost momentum on the top of the second rolling hill and struggled up the second part of Bow Street. Regardless, I was able to push through with a Strava time of 34:13, which was fast enough to win the day. The tt Carbon ran very well and I was wearing my Verge Primo short sleeve skin suit. I joined Hank and Jurgen for a post race ride which was very nice and very tough towards the end. A fine day.

No comments:

Post a Comment